Mission Statement of the SSFPA
To be Canada’s leading support organization for small and medium enterprises in the food processing industry by providing leadership, education, marketing, networking and advocacy to foster success in a competitive global market.
Types of Members in SSFPA
The SSFPA has two categories of membership:
- Processor Members: Food processors with no more than 25 full time equivalent employees. A processor is someone who adds value to food.
- Supporter Members: Groups or individuals including: growers, large processors as mentors, linked associations, technical service providers, educational planners, and economic development groups. This category does not exclude any interested party.
- Education, workshops and on-line resources see SSFPA courses here.
- Member Networking opportunities
- Listing in Specialty Food Directory
- Group Rates for Commercial General Liability Insurance Products via Capri Insurance Services Ltd. For more information click here.
- Access to the group purchasing power of bClear benefits for employee benefits solutions, proactively managed with surpluses going back into the program
- Group rates for website and facebook design and ecommerce packages: TotalSnap Web-site - Social Media Discount Pricing click here
- Representation to government and industry organizations
- Peer to Peer Networking
- A forum for asking questions and getting answers
- Support for individual challenges
- Notices about opportunities, trade shows, mini and major trade missions, consultations, funding and investment opportunities, meetings of like-minded groups
- Keep in the LOOP! Industry opportunities
- SSFPA represents our members on the following boards and committees: National Food Processors Round Table, Canadian Supply Chain Food Safety Coalition, BC Food Safety Stakeholders Round Table, BC Innovation Advisory Committee, Minister of Agriculture Trade Advisory Council, Industry Ministerial Advisory Committee, in addition the SSFPA provides support to many allied associations and specific project areas.
- Notices of regulatory changes
- Ongoing opportunities for members to participate in industry specific program development
- Administer the AAFC - Advanced Payment Program for agriculture producers. more info
Apply for Membership or Renew Membership
- Processors - download, print, and fill out the following: Annual Membership Fee is $100.00
- Supporters - download, print, and fill out the following: Annual Membership Fee is $100.00
- Include a cheque in the amount of the appropriate fee (explained on each form).
- Mail application form and cheque to: SSFPA, 2214 Sun Valley Drive, Nanaimo, BC V9T 6E8.